Ok, you have a smartphone that has a videos, music, and photos stored inside your phone's storage or SD memory card but now you want a better and louder sound quality, you want to play, watch, and see your videos on a larger TV screen, and you want to view your pictures bigger using a big, flat screen HDTV. Without using Wi-fi or Bluetooth wireless technology and using only the wire that came when you bought the smartphone (this wire is also being used for charging your phone and transferring media and files to your laptop or desktop computer), I will show you simple to follow step by step instructions and procedure on
How to play videos, hear music & view photos from smartphone to TV using your TV's USB port:
1. Turn on your TV.
2. Using the TV's remote, press Content button.
3. Three options will be available: Watch TV, Source, My Contents.
4. Based on the three options, there are two possible ways (Source & My Contents), now, let's use the Source first.
5. Press the Right [ > ] navigation arrow key and go to Source.
6. Scroll down the menu to USB.
7. Plug your smartphone to the USB port of the TV using the USB wire used also to charge your phone.
8. Select USB Mass Storage.
9. Press OK to connect the smartphone's mass storage to the TV.
10. On the TV, under the USB menu: Videos, Photos, and Music will be available.
11. Find the video, music or picture file you want to play or see.
4a. Using My Contents option, under Videos, go to DCIM folder then to Camera and find the video file to play.
4b. Using My Contents option, under Photos, go to DCIM folder then to Camera and find the picture file to view.
4c. Using My Contents option, under Music, go to the folder where the music or audio file is stored and select it to hear.
Note: This procedure is based on a modern Samsung LED 1080p HDTV and Samsung Galaxy Fascinate smartphone.